Algoma Elementary School students in grades 3-6 will take the Wisconsin Forward Exam during the week of April 16, 2018.
This standardized test is based on Wisconsin’s educational standards and is used to determine the adequate yearly progress of students at the school, district, and state fevers.
Due to the snow day on April 16, the testing schedule has been moved back one day.
The testing schedule for the Algoma Elementary School will be as follows:
- April 17
- Grade 3 – Morning: ELA 1 & 2. Afternoon Math 1
- Grade 5 – Morning: ELA 1 & 2. Afternoon Math 1
- April 18:
- Grade 4 – Morning: ELA 1 & 2. Afternoon: SS 1 & 2
- Grade 6 – Morning: ELA 1 & 2. Afternoon Math 1
- April 19:
- Grade 3 – Morning: ELA 3 & 4. Afternoon: Math 2
- Grade 5 – Morning: ELA 3 & 4. Afternoon: Math 2
- April 20:
- Grade 4 – Morning: ELA 3 & 4. Afternoon: Math 1
- Grade 6 – Morning: ELA 3 & 4. Afternoon Math 2
- April 23:
- Grade 4 – Morning: Science 1 & 2. Afternoon: Math 2
April 24 – 27 will be used as make-up days.
Please view the Informational Brochure for Families (links below) which gives more information about the assessment including its purpose, what scores will be provided, and how the scores will be used.
The WI Forward Exam measures the knowledge and skills your child(ren) should have acquired by the time they reach each grade level. Their performance on the assessment will not affect any of their current grades.
Please encourage your son or daughter to take the test seriously and do the best they can. The results of these tests will be used to help school staff best support your child(ren). Also, please help your son or daughter remember to bring his or her headphones to school on testing days.
Algoma School District Wisconsin Forward Exam Supporting Documents
Wisconsin Forward Exam Informational Brochure for Families (WI DPI) (English)
Wisconsin Forward Exam Informational Brochure for Families (WI DPI) (Spanish)