The Health Careers Summer Camp is a 5 day program that provides an opportunity for high school students to experience first hand the challenges, opportunities and rewards of health professions. The hands-on activities are facilitated by instructors and health care professionals. Diversity awareness and leadership skills training are included as a part of the camp experience. Chaperones are present on site at all times.
Students must be entering 10th – 12th grade in the fall of 2016 for applications to be considered.
High School students from the following counties within the NEWAHEC region are eligible to attend:
Brown, Calumet, Door, Fond du Lac, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, Outagamie, Ozaukee, Sheboygan, Washington, Winnebago
Camp attendees will:
- Participate in hands-on activities and practice skills used in various healthcare professions
- Interact with physical therapists, nurses, x-ray techs, physician assistants, and many others!
- Learn about admission requirements, degree programs, and what you can do as a high school student to prepare for your future!
Application information will be available beginning March 1st by contacting:
- Northeastern Wisconsin Area Health Education Center (NEWAHEC) Phone: (920) 652-0238, E-mail: email@example.com
- NEWAHEC’s website—www.newahec.org
- AHS Guidance Counselor Kasie Holloway, (920) 487-7001 ext. 2306, KHolloway@alghs.k12.wi.us
- Fox Valley Camp: June 26th – 30th
- Lakeshore Camp: July 10th – 14th