Welcome to the Algoma School District
The Algoma School District is located in Algoma, Wisconsin, a close-knit, rural community that sits on the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan in Northeast Wisconsin.
Housed in two buildings, our district consists of an elementary school (through grade 6), a middle school (grades 7 – 8), a high school (grades 9 -12), and as a part of the middle/high school campus, the Lakeview Regional Technical Academy. Also located on the high school grounds is the Algoma Community Wellness Center. Approximately 730 students from Early Childhood through twelfth grade are served.
The faculty and staff at all of our school sites are excellent motivators, who encourage and educate our students with enthusiasm. Coupled with a strong relationship with the community, educational programs are designed to develop the greatest potential of each and every student.
We truly believe that the Algoma School District is a great place to learn and grow.
The Algoma School District is a:
- Student Achievement Guarantee in Education District (SAGE): To improve student achievement through the implementation of four specific school-improvement strategies including 15 or fewer students per class in grades K-3
- Cooperative Academic Partnership Program District (CAPP): Provides academically capable students an opportunity to earn college credit while still in high school via UW Oshkosh
- Cooperative Educational Service Agency (CESA) 7 District: Provides leadership and coordination of services between us and the Wisconsin State Superintendent
Additional Features Include:
- A faculty, staff and community partnership that works together to ensure the success of each student
- K-12 Spanish + College Credits
- Cutting-edge technology with SMART boards in classrooms and individual computers for high school students
- State-of-the-art Technical Education Center
- Phenomenal band and choir programs
- Advanced Placement Classes
- State Champions in Basketball, Softball, Track, DI, Choir & Band
- No-cut policy for athletics and co-curricular activities
- Renovated Performing Arts Center housed in the elementary school
- Being a tobacco and drug free zone
We welcome you to stop in and give us a visit or contact us anytime if you have any questions.
It is the policy of the School District of Algoma that no person, on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin (including LEP), ancestry, creed, pregnancy, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation or physical disability, mental disability, emotional disability or learning disability/handicap or homeless status, may be denied admission to any school in this district or be denied participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be discriminated against in any curricular, extracurricular, pupil services, recreational or other program.
“In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW. Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (800)795-3272 (voice) or (202)720-6382 (TTY). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.”