Algoma School District General Employment
Algoma School District currently has the following employment opportunities:
Position: Algoma Community Wellness Center Operations Manager
Our Mission: At the Algoma Community Wellness Center, our mission is to help people achieve a life of health and happiness.
- Develop, organize, and supervise the daily operation of the wellness center.
- Create, organize, evaluate and execute ongoing fitness programs and events.
- Maintain all fitness equipment by establishing a preventive maintenance program and safety checklist.
- Propose new equipment and supplies that are needed to meet our community members needs.
- Enforce wellness center policies and rules.
- Provide management suggestions to the director for continuous improvement.
- Manage memberships, provide a comprehensive new-member orientation program, and develop a process for membership recruitment/retention.
- Provide outstanding customer service to fitness center members.
- Implement wellness programs for members.
- Management of other wellness desk staff (training, supervision, scheduling, support, and payroll submission).
- Market wellness center activities (both internal and external).
- Meets with the wellness center director to maintain the goals and vision of the center.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written/oral skills.
- Must enjoy working within a wellness center and getting to know members as an integral part of their job.
- Excellent time management, organizational and communication skills.
- A dynamic personality that demonstrates the ability to motivate, engage, lead and be friendly.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Experience working with others and problem solving with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance and be punctual.
- Gives attention to detail and establishes routines.
- Views health as multi-dimensional and maintains personal commitment to wellbeing.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Microsoft Office knowledge and experience including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification preferred before hire.
- Candidate must hold, or be willing to obtain upon hire, a professional certification by nationally recognized health/fitness organizations, such as ACSM, NSCA, NETA, ACE and AFAA, are preferred. Candidate must be able and willing to teach group exercise classes each week as part of their position.
Typical hours would be Monday thru Friday from 7:30 am – 4:00 pm. Hours may be dependent upon wellness center needs as well as staffing.
Closing Date: Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Please send letter of interest and resume to:
School District of Algoma
℅ Algoma Community Wellness Center
Attn: Human Resources
1715 Division Street
Algoma, WI 54201
Job Posting: Special Education Aide
Employer: Algoma School District
Contact: Alison DeMeuse, Human Resources
Address:1715 Division St., Algoma, WI 54201
Phone: 920-487-7001 Ext 3402
Job Category: Elementary School Special Ed Aide Position
Classification: Part-time up to 29 hours per week
Qualifications: Associates degree is required and experience working with children is preferred. Experience with adaptive and inclusionary practices and working with children that have severe cognitive and physical disabilities is a plus. Must be able to obtain Special Education Aide License within 3 months. Confidentiality and positive attitude are required.
Starting date: September 17, 2018 (school-year position)
To Apply: Send a Support Staff Application and Background Check Form, letter of interest, resume to Alison DeMeuse
Closing date: Until Filled
Algoma School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Substitute teachers, click here for subbing information.
WECAN – A full-featured, internet hiring environment for K-12 Wisconsin schools and a Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) contracted Professional Development Plan (PDP) platform for K-12 re-licensure.
It is the policy of the School District of Algoma that no person, on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin (including LEP), ancestry, creed, pregnancy, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation or physical disability, mental disability, emotional disability or learning disability/handicap or homeless status, may be denied admission to any school in this district or be denied participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be discriminated against in any curricular, extracurricular pupil services, recreational or other program.
“In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW. Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (800)795-3272 (voice) or (202)720-6382 (TTY). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.”