Community Parent Network Information
FAMILIES AND COMMUNITIES ENCOURAGING SUCCESS (FACES)
Community Parent Network for Parents of 7th-12th grade students
Mission: The Community Parent Network’s (CPN) mission is to foster communication between parents of high school and middle school students. The network will also strive to enable parents, educators, and community representatives to actively educate and support each other in promoting a healthy lifestyle for area teens. CPN will actively discourage the underage use of alcohol and other illegal substances.
What is required to become a CPN member?
Parents are not required to attend meetings or pay dues. We do ask that you commit yourself to making the safety and health of youth a priority.
- Working to create an atmosphere in which the use of alcohol and drugs is not considered an acceptable or normal part of adolescence.
- Sponsoring only alcohol, drug & tobacco-free events for youth in your home or other gathering places.Actively supervising (without being obtrusive) all gatherings of youth in your home or on your property.
- Communicating a clear “no use’ message about underage use of alcohol or use of illegal substances. Talking directly with other parents who sponsor youth events or parties to ensure that their events will be chaperoned and free of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs.Setting good limits for your pre-teens and teens regarding curfew, dating patterns, overnights, etc.
- Being a good role model for young people to help them learn about healthy, responsible behaviors
- Reading and signing the Parent Contract; by doing so you will receive access to the directory of all other parents in your district who have done the same.