Updated April 8, 2021
If your organization or place of employment has a scholarship that would be of interest to the students of our school or have any questions about applying for scholarships, please contact the guidance office.
General Scholarship Resources
First announced in February 2018, Bucky’s Tuition Promise is a commitment to Wisconsin resident students.
The program guarantees scholarships and grants to pay for tuition & segregated fees for students whose household adjusted gross income (AGI) is $56,000 or less. Incoming freshmen will receive eight (8) consecutive semesters (4 years) of free tuition & segregated fees and transfer students will receive four (4) semesters (2 years).
Algoma Area Education Foundation Inc. Scholarship
Application Deadline: April 15, 2021, 3:00 p.m.
Past Recipient Enrollment Verification Deadline: September 1 & January 15
Application for High School Seniors (DOC) (Updated January 2021) | Application for Past Recipients (DOC) (Updated January 2021)
Award Amount: Varies
The Algoma Area Education Foundation promotes and supports excellence in our students. Our intention is to be an advocate for students as they work to achieve high levels of performance in education and in life. We believe there is no better place to invest our resources. AAEF believes that no student should ever receive less of an education due to a lack of opportunities or funds.
In that spirit, the AAEF offers scholarships to worthy students planning on attending a two- or four-year institution.
The criteria include, but are not limited to:
- student-written essay
- teacher and/or community member recommendation
- community service
- extra-curricular activities
- academic achievement
LCpl Dean D. Opicka Memorial Scholarship
Application Deadline: Postmarked by April 9, 2021 | Application
Award Amount: Three (3) $1500 awards
The LCpl Dean D. Opicka Memorial Fund will award three $1500 scholarships to honor the memory of Dean and to financially assist three well-rounded students who demonstrate a dedication to service
- Have achieved a 3.0 GPA (High school transcript MUST be attached.)
- Are planning to attend a 2- or 4-year school, carrying a minimum of 12 credits
- Are active in their school/community
- Attend Luxemburg-Casco, Kewaunee or Algoma School Districts
ELMER ULLMANN MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP & GLENWAY BREITLOW MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
Application Deadline: April 15, 2021 Application
Award Amount:Two (2) $500 awards.
Sponsored by the Kewaunee County Farm Bureau
- high school graduating senior who is enrolled in an agriculture or agriculture related college course
Algoma Utilities Scholarship
Application Deadline: April 26, 2021 Application Instructions
Award Amount: $500
As a locally owned, not-for-profit utility, Algoma Utilities, works to sup- port and enrich our community. Student scholarships are one of the ways we give back. Schol- arship recipients are chosen based on a combination of academic achievement, financial need, educational goals, community service activities, and application responses. High school seniors are encouraged to apply now.
- High school seniors
- The students (or their parent or legal guardian) must be a customer of Algoma Utilities. Dependents of utility personnel are not eligible.
- High school seniors must plan to attend a two-year technical college or a four-year university
Glenn Kenneth Haubenschild Memorial Scholarship
Application Deadline: April 30, 2021 | Application Instruction
Award Amount: $1,000
Glenn Kenneth Haubenschild was a 1990 Algoma High School graduate. He was a runner-up shot-put and discus state champion in track & field during his senior year of high school. Upon graduation from Algoma High School he entered the United States Navy nuclear power program aboard the U.S.S “Teddy” Roosevelt. He served 4 ½ years of a 6-year term until his honorable discharge in the fall of 1994 when he was found to have terminal colon cancer. He spent his remaining time living at home, spending time with friends and family until he passed away on April 15th, 1995. He is survived by his parents Alan & Sharon Haubenschild, Elaine & Ron Wehausen; sister Tracy Ancheta; brothers Michael and David Haubenschild; stepbrother Steven Klug; as well as many aunts, an uncle, cousins, friends and a maternal grandmother, Hazel Thomas.
The interactions with Glenn’s many medical support staff had a strong influence on his sibling’s career paths. Tracy Ancheta, a 1992 Algoma High School graduate, graduated from the Bellin College of Nursing in 1996 and currently works as a urology nurse for UW Health in Madison, WI. Michael, a 1998 Algoma High School graduate, graduated from the University of Wisconsin Medical School in 2007 and currently works as a hospitalist at Meriter Hospital in Madison, WI. David, a 1999 Algoma High School graduate, graduated from the University of Wisconsin Medical School in 2008 and currently works as an anesthesiologist at St. Agnes Hospital in Fond du Lac, WI.
- Be a graduating Algoma High School Senior who is attending a school of higher education for the purpose of entering into a medical profession.
Ab Nicholas Scholarship
Application Period: February 1- April 30, 2021 | Website
Award Amount: Varies
The Ab Nicholas Scholarship Foundation seeks to make a college degree affordable for Wisconsin high school students who participate as players or managers in their school’s basketball program. Need-based scholarships, renewable annually, are offered for two- and four-year programs at any University of Wisconsin System school.
COVID-19 Notice: If you are a graduating high school senior who played basketball or was a manager during your junior year, but COVID – 19 prevented you from participating this year, you can still apply for this scholarship.
- Resident of WI
- Public/Private high school student
- Participant of the HS basketball program during senior year
- Plan to attend a University of WI System School
- NOT participating in sports at the Division I level in college (4 year programs only)
Kewaunee County Garden Club Scholarship
Application Period: April 30, 2021 | Website
Award Amount: $1,000 per year for full-time students, $500 per year for part-time students
The Kewaunee County Garden Club is offering scholarships to qualified student applicants pursuing a degree in the field of horticulture/or related to horticulture. Full time students can qualify for up to $1,000.00 per school year and part time students can qualify for up to $500.00 per school year.
Previous applicants may reapply each year up to 4 years in their school career.
- Must be a resident of Kewaunee County
- Must be enrolled or accepted in an accredited technical school, college, or university and will pursue an Associates or Bachelors Degree in horticulture or a related field such as Environmental Studies (e.g. Forestry, Botany, Sustainable Agriculture). Preference will be awarded to those pursuing a degree in horticulture.
- Have completed or have a plan to complete 10 hours of volunteer service work in the field of horticulture or environmental studies/education. Volunteer hours do not have to be completed in Kewaunee County.
- Previous winners of a KCGC Scholarship that reapply for this scholarship must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Bellin Health Sports Medicine 2021 Golf Outing Healthcare Scholarship
Applications Due: Must be postmarked by May 1, 2021 | Information/Application
Award Amount: Two (2) $500 awards
Since 2001, Bellin Health Sports Medicine has organized an annual golf outing as a thank you to the athletic directors and coaches that have worked in close relationship with our sports medicine department. This year two $500 scholarship to any senior that plans to enter a field in sports medicine or healthcare related fields are being offered.
- Applicant must be graduating in “good standing” and have a minimum GPA of 3.00 from a high school that contracts Bellin Health Sports Medicine for their athletic training services.
- Applicant must be in his/her senior year.
- Applicant must be starting to pursue a career in a sports medicine related field.
- Applicant must have a copy of their transcripts in their final mailing to Bellin Health Sports Medicine.
- Applicant must have two letters of recommendation.
Foremost Media Digital Marketing Scholarship
Applications Accepted: March 1- May 1, 2021 | Information/Application
Award Amount: $500
Foremost Media is excited to support a student in their quest to better their lives through higher education with the launch of our Annual Foremost Media $500 Scholarship Award. This scholarship will be awarded each year on June 1st to one dedicated student who is pursuing or intending to pursue an undergraduate degree in Marketing or Web Development.
- Graduating senior who is entering the Marketing or Web Development.
- Must be a resident of the United States.
- Must be enrolling at an accredited two or four-year college or trade school.
Bellin Night of Champions Scholarship
Applications Accepted: May 12, 2021 | Website
Award Amount: $1,000
The Bellin Health Night of Champions Scholarship Award recognizes and celebrates high school student athletes who have excelled in athletics, academics, and community service throughout the academic year.
- Be an athlete on a school-affiliated sports team at a Bellin-supported school
- Submit a 400-450 word essay that includes the following:
- How the student athlete’s achievements align with Bellin’s core values
- Why the student athlete deserves this scholarship award
- Have TWO professional references complete the reference request form and submit with their letter of recommendation. These may include a teacher (maximum of one), coach (maximum of one), employers, clergy members, political figures, etc.
Hooray For Hollywood/KYPT Scholarship
Applications Accepted: May 12, 2021 at 3:30PM CT | Application
Award Amount: $1,000
The Kewaunee Young People’s Theater (KYPT), funded by Hooray for Hollywood Show, is providing this scholarship opportunity for an Algoma High School senior.
Students who meet one or more of the following criteria are eligible to apply for this scholarship:
- Have been involved in the Missoula Children’s Theater,
- Have been involved in high school theater performances, or
- Plan to major (or minor) in drama, theater, fine arts, or music
Bill Cowden Scholarship
Applications Accepted: March 15 – May 15, 2021 | Website
Award Amount: Up to$1,500
The Bill Cowden Memorial Scholarship was established in memory of my husband and my son Gunnar’s father. We established this scholarship because his passion in life was to be the best he could be in any aviation related activities. He was never satisfied to stay at the level he was at. He was always trying to obtain the next rating. So this scholarship is designed to help others accomplish obtaining that next level or next rating of aviation. I think that is a fitting tribute to who my husband was.” -Heather Cowden
- Available to Private Pilots of all ages.
- This scholarship is specifically to promote advanced training in aviation. Applicants must already hold a current Private Pilot Certificate
- Scholarship is to be used toward advanced training in aviation.
- Applicant must provide a professional resume, and include one letter of recommendation related to aviation skills.
- Applicants must submit a one-page, typewritten essay giving their reasons for pursuing advanced training in aviation.
- Available to pilots in the Midwest, limited to: ND, SD, NE, KS, MN, IA, MO, WI, IL, MI, IN, and OH.
Wisconsin Towns Association Scholarship
Each year, in partnership with Rural Mutual Insurance Company and Scott Construction, the Wisconsin Towns Association offers seven $1,000 scholarships to students who are graduating from a Wisconsin public or private high school and will be attending a Wisconsin public or private college or university in the fall of that year. Applicants are required to write a 500-1000 word essay on a specific topic that relates to town government. Proof of enrollment in a Wisconsin private or public college is required.
- All applicants must graduate from a Wisconsin public or private high school in 2021
- All applicants must plan to attend a Wisconsin public or private college or University in 2021.
Social Justice Reform Scholarship by Pigeonly
Application Deadline: May 31, 2021 | Website
Award Amount: $2,500
- Full-time students over the age of 18 currently accepted to or enrolled at a college or university or graduate school.
- Be a legal resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia
Application Deadline: June 19, 2021 | Website
The BigSun Organization is proud to be able to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. In order to do our part we are offering an annual scholarship to a deserving student. All student athletes are eligible regardless of the sport they are engaged in or the capacity in which they participate. The student must be a high school senior or be attending a post secondary institute.
- All student athletes are eligible regardless of the sport they are engaged in or the capacity in which they participate. The student must be a high school senior or be attending a post secondary institute.
CHS Foundation Scholarship
Application Deadline: June 30, 2021 | Website
Award Amount: Varies
The CHS Foundation cultivates opportunity through university partnerships that benefit students studying in the field of agriculture with program support, mini-grants and scholarships..
- be a resident of Illinois, Iowa, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Montana, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin or Wyoming
- be in the field Agriculture / Horticulture / Animals
- be applying to a 2-year or 4-year study
- be studying full time
- currently be a high school senior
- have financial need
- have done community service