Notice to students regarding scholarship applications during the mandated school closure through April 6, 2020:
- March 18, 2020: Please note, submission dates and address changes have been made to some of the applications. Those with changes are noted below in bold red.
- Students can electronically send their scholarship applications via downloading the scholarship to their email and getting it to the Guidance Office at email@example.com or share them via google doc at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students can scan their documents (there are apps on your phone that you can use as well to scan the documents) and send via email to email@example.com
- Students can send the applications via the post office (snail mail) directly to the scholarship committee as designated on the scholarship application.
- If students have any concerns about a scholarship, they are encouraged to email Mrs. Holloway at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All students completing applications need to be cognizant of due dates and make sure that their applications are to the specific recipient BY the due date.
If your organization or place of employment has a scholarship that would be of interest to the students of our school or have any questions about applying for scholarships, please contact the guidance office.
General Scholarship Resources
First announced in February 2018, Bucky’s Tuition Promise is a commitment to Wisconsin resident students.
The program guarantees scholarships and grants to pay for tuition & segregated fees for students whose household adjusted gross income (AGI) is $56,000 or less. Incoming freshmen will receive eight (8) consecutive semesters (4 years) of free tuition & segregated fees and transfer students will receive four (4) semesters (2 years).
Algoma Area Education Foundation Inc. Scholarship
Application Deadline: April 15, 2020, 3:00 p.m.
Past Recipient Enrollment Verification Deadline: September 1 & January 15
Application for High School Seniors (DOC) (Updated 9/26/18) | Application for Past Recipients (DOC) (Updated 9/26/18)
Award Amount: Varies
The Algoma Area Education Foundation promotes and supports excellence in our students. Our intention is to be an advocate for students as they work to achieve high levels of performance in education and in life. We believe there is no better place to invest our resources. AAEF believes that no student should ever receive less of an education due to a lack of opportunities or funds.
In that spirit, the AAEF offers scholarships to worthy students planning on attending a two- or four-year institution.
The criteria include, but are not limited to:
- student-written essay
- teacher and/or community member recommendation
- community service
- extra-curricular activities
- academic achievement
Address Submission Change:
Algoma Area Education Foundation Scholarship
Attn: Nick Cochart
1715 Division Street
Algoma, WI 54201
Application Deadline Change: April 15, 2020, 3:00 p.m.
Algoma Athletic Booster Scholarship
Application Deadline: May 13, 2020 at 3PM | Application/Information
Award Amount: Individual scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $100.00 per student up to $1000 per year.
- Senior Standing at Algoma High School
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must have earned 2 Varsity letters or participated in 4 complete sports seasons
Application submission change:
Algoma Athletic Booster Club
P.O. Box 23
Algoma, WI 54201
Hooray For Hollywood/KYPT Scholarship
Application Deadline: May 15, 2020 at 3:30PM | Application/Information
Award Amount: $1,000
- Senior at Algoma High School that meets one or more of the following:
- Has been involved in the Missoula Children’s Theater,
- Has been involved in high school theater performances or,
- Plans to major or minor in drama, theater, fine arts or music
Students should submit the applications by May 15, 2020 to Vicki Jerovetz at email@example.com
Wisconsin Towns Association Scholarship
- Graduating in 2020 from a Wisconsin public or private high school
- Will be attending a Wisconsin public or private college or university in the fall of this year
- Submission of a 500-1000 word essay on the topic: “What strategies can Wisconsin use to recruit and retain fire and EMS volunteers?”
- Include background form with essay
- Proof of enrollment in a Wisconsin private or public college
Application Deadline: May 31, 2020 | Website
Award Amount: $100 – $1,000
- students who have experienced challenges in their life and who have the drive to succeed
- Open to all college-bound seniors at Algoma High School who will be attending an accredited 2-year or 4-year college in fall 2020
2020 Golen Engine Scholarship
Application Deadline: November 30, 2020 | Website
Award Amount: $500
At Golen Engine, we are proud to offer a scholarship program for students in the process of pursuing a Engineering degree. The awarded student will receive $500 to be used towards expenses for his or her degree.
- U.S. citizen accepted to or currently attending a college or university within the United States. The winner will be required to provide proof of acceptance to your college or university, or a college transcript.