Algoma School District Bridging Brighter Smiles
Bridging Brighter Smiles is continuing to provide preventative dental care right at Algoma Schools. Participants must apply each year and you can now do so right online. Bridging Brighter Smiles offers preventative dental care right at school for students Pre-K through 12th grade. Visits are held throughout the school year. To enroll in the program please click here to complete the online Enrollment Form.
Services Provided Include:
- Oral Screenings
- Fluoride Varnish
- Dental Sealants (prevents cavities)
- Dental Health Education
- Referral Assistance
Administration of any medication to students is governed by Wisconsin Statute 118.29
- Written parent/guardian permission is required prior to administration of medication.
- Medication will only be accepted at school in original containers or labeled pharmacy bottles.
- Medication must be transported to and from school by an adult. Locked medications are available for transport by request of the guardian.
- There are certain medications that, with permission, students may carry and self-administer (ex: inhalers, epinephrine, insulin). Contact the nursing office to make arrangements. 487-7001 ext. 1110
- Please fill out this form for Prescription, Over-the-Counter and Asthma Medication turn in to the school office.
- Prescription and/or Asthma Medication will need a provider signature, to assist you, staff can fax the form to the provider for a signature.
- Over-The-Counter, Herbal Supplements and/or Essential Oils will need provider signature if taken in dosage other than recommended therapeutic dose.
- If you have questions on how to fill out the form, please call the school nurse at school 487-7001 ext. 1110
Emergency Action Plan Forms
STUDENT IMMUNIZATION LAW AGE/GRADE REQUIREMENTS
- All students in childcare-12th grade must meet a minimum number of required immunizations prior to school attendance.
- These requirements can be waived only for health, religious or personal conviction reasons.
- For questions please contact the school nurse at 487-7001 ext. 1110